Pre-Order - 2023 Advent 24-Stripe Yarn - DK Weight
PLEASE do NOT add anything else to your cart with the Advent skeins. Should you by mistake, I'll email you to separate the order and pay additional shipping.
Round 1 begins April 1st @ 10 am CT - Ends April 30th.
Round 2 begins July 1st @ 10 am CT - Ends July 31st.
Round 3 - to be determined.
Hello Friends!!! Welcome to the PRE-ORDER of my third annual Advent self striping color way!!!! I am so excited to offer this to all of you this year!! The idea here is to cast on a pair of socks (or the item of your choosing) on December 1st 2023 and knit/crochet a little bit each day and by Christmas, you'll have a completed pair of socks to wear :). Depending on your gauge and the size item you are making, this may be more than one stripe per day.
Here are all the details:
This will be a surprise color way, never been dyed before! This will only be offered for a limited time, but I do reserve the right to repeat this color way in the future should I choose to.
Each of the 24 stripes will be it's own unique color, no duplicates (until the stripes repeat of course.
There will be a few options to choose from:
- two 50 gram skeins of the self striping, with or with out a mini skein. Each skein will start and end at relatively the same spot. Most people knit socks and this is the best way to have the least amount of waste yarn when wanting your stripes to match :)
- Full skein of the self striping, no divisions of yarn, with or without a mini skein.
There will be an option for a 20 gram or 50 gram mini skein to add if you would like. This will also be a different color than any of the stripes, so a total of 25 if you get the mini :) This year it will NOT be a white mini skein.
All fingering weight skeins will be dyed on my Serendipity Base (See below for information), including the mini skeins.
Let's Hashtag and Knit Along with each other!!! #FreckledWhimsyAdvent2023 --- Please tag your photos!! I would love to see how everyone gets along with their projects. I will also be casting on December 1st to join in on the fun.
Serendipity DK Base:
75% Superwash Merino / 25% Nylon
Approximately 245 Yards DK Weight
Approximately 100 grams - 4 ply
Mini Skein 20 grams/49 yards
I realize not all faiths have an Advent, but whether it does or not, if you love to knit, if you love self striping yarns, if you love to sit back and relax and let your mind wander away from the worries of the world for just a few minutes a day, then this could be for you :)
The idea behind the Advent yarn is starting on December 1st, you knit one stripe a day, and by Christmas you'll have 24 stripes. Now, of course, if you want to make socks out of it, you'll likely have to knit more than one stripe a day, and on two socks to have a completed pair before Christmas morn, but I think you get the idea. Just taking a few minutes a day to get away from the hustle and bustle from this time of year can be a mental health saver!
Thank you so much to all of you! I hope you are as excited as I am about my third annual Advent 24-stripe skein!
Shipping will be from Illinois (USA) and will begin in October, starting with any international orders since those will take longer to be received. Once all international orders are shipped, all US orders will begin to ship. My hope is to have all skeins shipped on or before November 1st. My ultimate goal is to get all skeins that were ordered in your hands before December 1st!!!
With this said, once I drop the packages off at the post office, what happens is out of my control. This time of year, there can be shipping delays and I have zero control over that. However, this is why my ultimate goal is to ship them by November 1st!!!
Serendipity (Fingering) 75% SW Merino, 25% Nylon | 460 yards / 100g
Serendipity DK (DK) 75% SW Merino, 25% Nylon | 245 yards / 100g
Glee (Fingering) 90% SW Targhee, 10% Nylon | 465 yards / 115g
Kismet (Fingering) 80% SW Merino, 20% Nylon | 413 yards / 115g
Happenstance (Fingering) 80% SW Merino, 20% Nylon | 434 yards / 115g
Minor bleeding may occur on the first wash. I do my best to capture the true color of the skeins, but monitors do vary.
* Freckled Whimsy does ship every week day, Monday through Friday.
* We also ship worldwide!
* We try to get orders out with in 3 business days, however things like holidays, weather and illness may delay this time frame.
* If you add on a skein winding service, this may also delay your order by 1 business day.
* Shipping timeframe of Pre-Ordered items will be noted specifically in the listing, and on the receipt of your order.
* As your package is bundled for shipping, you will receive an email notification that includes a tracking number. Please allow up to 24 hours/next business day for the label to be trackable.
* International customers: we do NOT collect VAT, duties or any other fee your country may impose on imports. You may be charged customs/duties by your country over which we have zero control. Please do not ask us to fraudulently mark a package as "gift" or make any other attempt to bypass custom fees.
* Freckled Whimsy is not responsible for lost or missing packages. Tracking is automatically included for each package but not insurance. Choosing Priority Mail includes insurance automatically and is the best way to safeguard your purchase.
Should you find yourself with a lost or missing package, please contact your local post office/carrier for resolution.