PRE-ORDER 2021 Advent 24-Stripe Self Striping Yarn
Pre-Orders will go up on July 25th at 12PM (noon) CST
Please do not add anything else to your cart. If other things are ordered with the Advent skein, they will not ship until the Advent skeins ship!
Hello Friends!!! Welcome to the PRE-ORDER of my first ever Advent self striping color way!!!! I am so excited to offer this to all of you this year!! The idea here is to cast on a pair of socks (or the item of your choosing) on December 1st 2021 and knit/crochet a little bit each day and by Christmas, you'll have a completed pair of socks to wear :). Depending on your gauge and the size item you are making, this may be more than one stripe per day.
Here are all the details:
- Pre-Orders will go up on July 25th at 12PM (noon) CST and will remain open until the spots fill up OR August 7th at 8 PM CST.
- Skeins will begin shipping in October with the goal of all of them shipped by November 1st. This may push out a week or two depending on orders but my goal is to get the yarn to you before December 1st. Please keep in mind, once it leaves my hands and enters the hands of USPS, shipping is out of my hands. This time of year is always busy so please know there could be postal delays.
- This will be a surprise color way, never been dyed before! This will only be offered for a limited time, but I do reserve the right to repeat this color way in the future should I choose to.
- Each of the 24 stripes will be it's own unique color, no duplicates (until the stripes repeat of course)
- You will receive two skeins that are approximately 50 grams each, for a total of 100 grams. Each skein will start and end at relatively the same spot. Most people knit socks and this is the best way to have the least amount of waste yarn when wanting your stripes to match :) -- I will also have an option for a full 100 gram skein if you don't want the skeins split.
- There will be an option for a 20 gram mini skein to add if you would like. This will also be a different color than any of the stripes, so a total of 25 if you get the mini :)
- All skeins will be dyed on my Serendipity Base (See below for information), including the mini skeins.
- Let's Hashtag and Knit Along with each other!!! #FreckledWhimsyAdvent2021 --- Please tag your photos!! I would love to see how everyone gets along with their projects. I will also be casting on December 1st to join in on the fun.
75% Superwash Merino / 25% Nylon
Approximately 460 Yards Fingering Weight
Approximately 100 grams - 4 ply
Today is an exciting day for me!! This year I have decided to do a self striping Advent skein. Over the years I've seen many variations of an Advent calendar but to be honest, doing one myself seemed a bit intimidating. Until this year. I put the pen to the paper, came up with a plan and put it into action!!
I realize not all faiths have an Advent, but whether it does or not, if you love to knit, if you love self striping yarns, if you love to sit back and relax and let your mind wander away from the worries of the world for just a few minutes a day, then this could be for you :)
The idea behind the Advent yarn is starting on December 1st, you knit one stripe a day, and by Christmas you'll have 24 stripes. Now, of course, if you want to make socks out of it, you'll likely have to knit more than one stripe a day, and on two socks to have a completed pair before Christmas morn, but I think you get the idea. Just taking a few minutes a day to get away from the hustle and bustle from this time of year can be a mental health saver!
The color way is already dyed up and I love it!! It's not easy to put 24 different colors together and make them work hahah!! The number of rows is approximately 4 rounds per color with a 9 stitch per inch gauge. This can vary depending on needle size used and gauge. The skeins will come in two 50 gram skeins that will match up with 2+ repeats to each 50 gram skein. There will be an option to purchase a full 100 gram skein and an option to add a mini for both as well. The mini will also be a color different than any stripe in the skein so a total of 25 different colors!!!
All skeins will be dyed up on my Serendipity base, which is a 75/25 Superwash Merino/Nylon composition and is my top selling base.
You will see the skein actually knit up (no colorized peeks!!). To the left is a 50 gram skein and a mini skein. Keep in mind, this is knit at approximately 9 stitches per inch and will vary with needle size and gauge. There are 24 different colors in this skein, however removing the color makes some stripes blend to look like thicker stripes.
Thank you so much to all of you! I hope you are as excited as I am about my very first Advent 24-stripe skein!
Happy knitting and much love!
Shipping will be from Illinois (USA) and will begin in October, starting with any international orders since those will take longer to be received. Once all international orders are shipped, all US orders will begin to ship. My hope is to have all skeins shipped by November 1st, so there is plenty of time to have them in hand by December 1st! However, depending on the number of orders (this is my first year and I have no idea the interest) US orders may push out a week or so. My ultimate goal is to get all skeins ordered in the hands before December 1st!!!
With this said, once I drop the packages off at the post office, what happens is out of my control. This time of year, there can be shipping delays and I have zero control over that. However, this is why my ultimate goal is to ship them by November 1st!!!
This listing is for a beautiful skein of self striping yarn in a fingering weight. It is hand dyed by me with professional acid dyes. I use citric acid and each skein is steamed or heat set to set the dye and also washed in cool/cold water with Eucalan. I do my absolute best to ensure there is no additional dye run off, however depending on how you care for your yarn and knitted things, results can vary.
All self stripping yarns are dyed in sets, so there “may” be a slight variation between batches . I take all measures to avoid differences but after all, I am human, and science isn’t always perfect :) Also, different bases may take color differently and containers of the actual dye can vary from container to container.
Hand wash in cool water with wool wash. I use Eucalan, but just make sure it's made for wool for lasting knits.
Superwash is made to be able to wash in a washing machine and dried in a dryer. However for best results, I recommend hand washing, or at least laying flat to dry. This preserve the life of the yarn.
Please know that I do have cats and dogs in my home. They are not around the things I sell however I cannot guarantee that there won’t be a hair found in the item from just being on my person. Or for that matter one of my own hairs.. LOL. So if you are highly allergic to either cats or dogs, please take caution.
I do my best to represent the yarn in photos. All photos are taken in natural light, however all monitors vary in color. If you absolutely dislike the skein you receive, please contact me for a resolution prior to caking the yarn.
Do you have questions or did I miss something? Please send me a message and I'll happily reply as soon as I can!