A Sock Tube Knitting Commission Request - Now 64 OR 72 stitch!!
On-going coupon!!! --- Buy 5 tubes to crank, get 1 FREE!! Just add 6 tubes to your cart and at check out use coupon code CRANKAHOLIC for the discount to show! Only applies to current orders. Cannot be combined with any other coupons. Use up to 6 times in one order.
PLEASE read the below before purchasing!
This listing is for cranked yarn tubes. You as the customer will purchase spots according to the number of skeins you want cranked into tubes and then send me the yarn. I do not supply the yarn.
When the order is completed, you will receive an email with in 24 hours to the address you provided advising you where to send the yarn and technical details. Please be sure to fully read this email before sending yarn :)
Once the yarn is received, I will send you an email advising that I have the yarn. Counting from the day after the yarn is received, they will be returned to you with in 15 business days (Monday to Friday, minus US holiday). If i cannot make this deadline due to influx of orders or life circumstances, I will notify you.
One Long Tube--> This means that each skein that is sent will be cranked into its own individual tube save for the exception noted below. Each tube will have waste yarn at the start and end of the tube to prevent unravelling of the main yarn. The tag shipped with the yarn will be returned and placed in its own bag with the cranked tube.
These are unfinished sock tubes. By purchasing, it will be up to the customer to add cuffs, heels, and toes to make them into socks. If you need help separating the tubes, please refer to my downloadable guide HERE.
EXCEPTION: If you send 2 balls of 50 gram Felici yarn (or the like), that counts as one skein (total 100 grams). I can do "one long tube" cranked as such --> waste yarn, 1st 50 gram ball, 15-ish rows waste yarn, 2nd 50 gram ball, waste yarn <--. So in the end the two balls are separate but in one long tube. In this option, they will be cranked as is, no matching. :)
What to send:
*FINGERING weight yarn only. Please don't send lace, sport, worsted or Aran. Please also don't send singles. Due to the inconsistencies in yarn, this yarn is not the best for cranking. ----> If any other weight is sent, I will not crank those skeins and will return them to you with a refund for the cranking service. The cylinders I have really aren't meant for thicker yarns. To get the gauge people want for socks, they are incredibly stiff or really wide, so I've decided to not allow them anymore.
*100 gram skeins per spot ordered --- Yarn that comes in 150 gram skeins will only have 100 grams cranked and the remaining 50 grams will be sent back in a cake. If you send 2 skeins that are each 150, please purchase 3 spots and all 300 grams will be cranked. :)
NEW: I used to try to match gauge but with so many different types of yarn, this is not always possible.
My sock machine can knit most fingering weight yarns at 8.5 to 9 stitches per inch. Using the 64 stitch this will be approximately 7.11" circumference and with a 72 stitch count, about 8" circumference. Please choose the appropriate option for the size you will need. IF the yarn is a heavy fingering weight, this measurement may go up.
Serendipity (Fingering) 75% SW Merino, 25% Nylon | 460 yards / 100g
Serendipity DK (DK) 75% SW Merino, 25% Nylon | 245 yards / 100g
Glee (Fingering) 90% SW Targhee, 10% Nylon | 465 yards / 115g
Kismet (Fingering) 80% SW Merino, 20% Nylon | 413 yards / 115g
Happenstance (Fingering) 80% SW Merino, 20% Nylon | 434 yards / 115g
Minor bleeding may occur on the first wash. I do my best to capture the true color of the skeins, but monitors do vary.
* Freckled Whimsy does ship every week day, Monday through Friday.
* We also ship worldwide!
* We try to get orders out with in 3 business days, however things like holidays, weather and illness may delay this time frame.
* If you add on a skein winding service, this may also delay your order by 1 business day.
* Shipping timeframe of Pre-Ordered items will be noted specifically in the listing, and on the receipt of your order.
* As your package is bundled for shipping, you will receive an email notification that includes a tracking number. Please allow up to 24 hours/next business day for the label to be trackable.
* International customers: we do NOT collect VAT, duties or any other fee your country may impose on imports. You may be charged customs/duties by your country over which we have zero control. Please do not ask us to fraudulently mark a package as "gift" or make any other attempt to bypass custom fees.
* Freckled Whimsy is not responsible for lost or missing packages. Tracking is automatically included for each package but not insurance. Choosing Priority Mail includes insurance automatically and is the best way to safeguard your purchase.
Should you find yourself with a lost or missing package, please contact your local post office/carrier for resolution.